Monday, October 25, 2010

Summer 2010

I was going to try to catch up and do a post for every event that took place this summer, but have decided to throw it all into one. So here it goes:

Over Memorial Day weekend we went camping up Hobble Creek Canyon with some of our favorite friends, the Carpenter's, Larson's, Jenson's, and Robinson's. The kids had a blast playing with each other and exploring the world around them. They were NEVER bored! It was a little chilly at night, but we survived okay.



The first weekend in June, Mike and I went down to Las Vegas with my brothers, Tom and Jared, and their wives, Carrie and Ashley. We met up with James and his girlfriend Ai-Ling, who flew in from Georgia. I'm not a huge fan of Las Vegas, but I really wanted to meet Ai-Ling. James was supposed to propose to her while we were there, but left the ring back in Georgia. We had a great time in Vegas. Our hotel was nice and family-friendly, we went to the Human Body exhibit, saw the Beatles Love show, and the fountains at the Bellagio which went off to Patriotic music, it was really cool!



In June I had my ultrasound. Baby looks good and after a lot of searching we found out we're having a GIRL! We are all so excited! The name we have picked out is Lily Mae. Her name comes from my family and Mike's, so it worked out perfectly! We can't wait to see her!

Jace turned 5 on June 24th! He had a friend party at Chuck E Cheese's. The kids had a blast! We got him the Super Mario Bros. for the Wii, which he has wanted for months. He loves it and has passed the whole thing already! I'm amazed at how good he is.



For the 4th of July we went down to Provo to go to some of their Freedom Festival events. It was pretty fun. The weather was perfect! I was worried about spending all day out in the heat, but it was so nice all weekend.



In July I went down to the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City with my mom and two of my Aunts. I had such a great time! All I did for 3 days was eat, sleep, read, and watch some amazing plays. I grew an even greater appreciation for Shakespeare and how brilliant he was as a writer. I'm afraid I'm hooked and will be going down there every summer possible!

We live so close to the Kennecott Copper Mine and have never been there as a family, so one Family Night we decided to check it out. Wow that place is HUGE! The kids especially liked the big trucks. Now we can point it out to them while driving down the street and say, "remember when we went to the Copper Mine over there?"



Over the summer Jace played T-Ball and Kaylee gave soccer a try. Let's just say Kaylee never wants to play soccer again. But I'm proud of her for trying something new. Jace, on the other hand, had a blast playing baseball and now wants to try football. He's a pretty good little athlete. At every T-Ball or soccer game Cameron wanted to play with them so badly! Hopefully he'll have his chance next year.



2 comments:

Jamie said...

AHHH! We sooo miss you guys! So glad to see a update here. You are getting so close to having that baby! YEA Let us know when she's finally here!

Angela, Grady and Boys said...

Hey you adorable prego girl! Way to catch up on your blog...I have a long ways to go so I don't think I'll even try to begin! :) Thanks for the fun last week...hopefully the hayride helped to hurry things along with the baby coming! Please let me know when she comes so that I can bring you dinner!